Mount Institute Ski League
Minutes of the Fall 1999 Ski Coaches Meeting
held at Eaglebrook School, 11/11/99
- Welcome to the 1999-2000 Season
- Convened 7:00 p.m.
- Those in attendance
- Bement School - Brett Morrison, Colleen Teasdale Filler
- Deerfield Academy - Marc Dancer
- Eaglebrook School - Jack Shea
- Miss Hall's School - Mike Dugan
- Northfield Mt. Hermon School - Greg Leeds
- Stoneleigh Burnam School - Janice Hanley, Allison MacDonald
- Taft School - Matt Blanton, Rebecca Loud
- Williston Northampton School - Melissa Wockley, Rick Lucchesi
- There was little debate as to the scheduled 5 races since Berkshire East is hosting the
NEPSAC Div. 1 Ski Championships on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2000.
||Rain Date @Eaglebrook
Revision of By-laws
- General discussion and reminders for:
- Greg Leeds
- Marc Dancer
- Head Gatekeeper
- Mike LeBel
- Public Relations
- There is no one person in charge of PR
- The statistician should investigate how the local papers want information conveyed to
them, i.e. e-mail, fax.
- This information should include race results and weekly varsity standings.
- Teams should identify local skiers.
- Preseason overview to be written and submitted by Jack Shea
The name of league was changed from Mount Institute Race Series to Mt. Institute Ski
- Greg Leeds presented his revisions to the leagues by-laws
- The new by-laws will be distributed at a later date.
- Some of the key points
- The loss of a ski means that the skier cannot finish the race
- No second run for DNF's or DQ's on the varsity course
- jury meeting after race
- Gatekeepers need to draw clear diagrams
- Gatekeepers nee to be available following the race
Fees will hopefully remain at $80 per team entered
final fee to be determined pending negotiations with Berkshire East
As teams collapse squads there is a loss in revenue for the league.